How do I change the
formatting of this report?
You can also format specific parts of the report using either the Grid Formatting toolbar or the Grid Formatting panel (HTML)/dialog box (DHTML). For more information, see Grid Formatting.
- While the report is displayed, access the Report
toolbar if it is not already displayed:
- DHTML: From the View menu, select Toolbars, then Grid.
- HTML: From the View drop-down list, select Grid (under Toolbars), then click the Go icon next to the drop-down list.
- From the Autostyle
drop-down list, select the style of your choice.
- If you do not have Dynamic HTML enabled in your user preferences, click the Apply Style icon next to the drop-down list.
How do I rearrange the rows and columns in this report?
You can use the Pivot buttons or if DHTML is turned on, you can drag and drop items. For specific information on how you can move items, see Data Manipulation.
Note: You can rearrange the report only if you have the necessary MicroStrategy
Web privileges. For more information, contact your administrator.
How do I drill to
other related data from this report?
You can drill to other levels of report data in these different ways:
How do I
reveal the data I cannot reach by scrolling?
- Hyperlink drilling - If you
have hyperlinks (underlined row or column headers) displayed in your report,
the administrator has placed drill paths that you can follow from the report
to drill into your data. If you move your mouse over one of these hyperlinks,
a tool tip will appear, giving you information about the direction of the
drill. You can also right-click on the hyperlink to open up a drill box with
the different drill paths available.
- Right-click drilling - (DHTML only) Right-click on an object to see the same choices that appear in the Drill panel. The arrow indicates whether that new attribute is at a higher level of information (drill up) or at a lower level of information (drill down). Click the More options... link to open the advanced drill panel
for the selected object.
- Simple drilling - Access the Drill panel to perform a simple
drill to an attribute's immediate parents or children, selectable from a
drop-down list. If you have the requisite privileges enabled, you can drill to
multiple locations across hierarchies.
- Advanced drilling - To use advanced drilling from a specific attribute, click the More options... link next to the specific attribute
or metric within a simple drill. Drop-down lists then provide options to drill
to another hierarchy or to different levels within the same hierarchy.
If your browser does not display every column associated with a report, click the triangular arrow at the edge of the window to view additional columns. If your browser does not display every row associated with the report, use the incremental fetch links at the top and bottom of the report to view the additional rows.