What does it mean to log
Logout marks the end of a session with the MicroStrategy Intelligence Server via MicroStrategy Web. When you log out of MicroStrategy Web, you might be prompted to indicate to the MicroStrategy Intelligence Server what to do with requests left in the History List. A request can be in any of the following states:
To log out
of MicroStrategy Web:
- Pending: The request is
- Finished and Read:
Execution is complete and you have viewed the results.
- Finished and Unread: Execution is complete and you have not viewed the results.
To modify your logout options in Preferences:
- Click the Logout link at
the top right of the page. A logout dialog page opens.
- If you want to log back into Web, click
Login to return to the login page.
- Click Preferences on the
top right of the page.
- On the left side of the Preferences page, click the Security link.
- On the Security Preferences page you can select default
answers for each logout option.
- To cancel any pending requests upon logout, select Yes in the Cancel this session's pending
- To remove any finished jobs from the History List
upon logout, select Yes in the Remove the finished jobs from the History
List field. Select Only the read
messages to only remove read messages from the History
List once you log out.
may not have privileges to change your logout options. For further information,
contact your administrator.
What happens if
I do not log out of MicroStrategy Web?
If you do not log out when you are done using MicroStrategy Web, eventually your session will be timed-out by the MicroStrategy Intelligence Server. If your Web browser is still open at the time that your session is closed, you may be asked to log in to MicroStrategy Web when you first attempt to access any of the Web functionality.
Any jobs that you had processing at the time that your session is closed will be handled according to your default logout preferences.